Russian authorities have stated that they allegedly have no information that Russian companies violated the UN sanctions concerning the Iraqi government under Saddam Hussein. Russian Foreign Ministry made this statement on November 16 during the consultations with experts of the commission investigating the violations committed during the implementation of the Oil-For-Food program in Iraq.
In this connection Chechen journalists decided to give a hand to Russian Foreign Ministry, -- the office that has been showing outstanding sleuth inclinations as soon as the subject of sponsoring the Chechen Resistance comes up, and the office that spaces out and starts staring wide-eyed as soon as financial machinations of Russian companies get brought up.
It should be reminded that the report by Iraqi interim government, which is getting ready for possible court proceedings against those who could have been getting illegal profits during the rule of Saddam, lists the names of private individuals and companies, who made hundreds of millions of dollars on that program. Russia had the most outstanding role in that business. Russian con artists had unprecedented priority and were getting the third of all of the Iraqi oil, while reselling most of that oil to other countries.
This 'honorable' list is headed by Putin’s office, and then follows Russia's Foreign Ministry, -- the office which is making wide eyes these days.
But the Kremlin’s camarilla was not the only one getting Iraqi oil. Virtually all Russian political parties and oil companies had their finger in the pie. The report claims that Saddam and his spongers were promoting their political and propagandistic fight through the companies, private individuals and political parties that had nothing to do with oil industry. Through their activities they were seeking moral obligations from the Russian Federation (to assist Iraq) due to its influence on the worldwide arena, as well as due to permanent membership in the UN Security Council.
Advisor of the Iraqi interim government Claude Hankes-Drielsma, who took part in the investigation, confirmed long time ago that the report is true.
He said that these figures show that the UN Oil-For-Food program was giving Saddam an instrument to buy international support by bribing political parties, companies, journalists and others.
There are documents published in Iraq, which testify that Saddam Hussein was buying support of presidents, politicians, political parties and even Christian churches all around the world. The list of recipients of generous gifts from the Iraqi dictator includes 46 countries. But since Putin’s Russia has a special place in this medley of freeloaders, we will dwell on it. Especially after we promised to help Russian Foreign Ministry suffering memory lapses.
The full list of Russian organizations, companies and individuals who received Iraqi barrels will only get the readers tired, so we decided to narrow the list to only a few of Russian «businessmen”. This is where thieves are all over. So, let’s get started from the Kremlin’s leadership and Russian political parties:
1. Government of the Russian Federation: 1,366 million barrels of oil
2. Foreign Ministry of the Russian Federation: received vouchers on the name of ‘al-Faiko’ -- 1 million barrels, and 30.1 million barrels on the name 'Etumin'.
3. Head of President Putin’s Administration: 5 million barrels.
4. Former Chairman of Council of Ministers of the USSR, Nikolai Ryzhkov: 31 million barrels.
5. Son of former USSR Ambassador to Iraq received 19.7 million barrels of oil.
6. «Liberal Democratic Party of Russia» (LDPR): 79.8 million barrels of oil (for instance, the name of the party’s leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky is mentioned as well).
7. Communist Party of the Russian Federation (CPRF): 1 million barrels of oil. «National Democratic Party»: 2 million barrels (i.e. Russian National Democratic Party).
8. «Party of Peace and Unity»: 24 million barrels of oil, which were received by the party’s chairman Sazha Umalatova (the list calls this political party «Party of Vladimir Putin», since Sazha is in the head of electoral bloc called «In Support For Policy of President of the RF»).
9. «Russian Committee for Solidarity with People of Iraq» and its chairman Sergei Rudasev personally received 6.5 million barrels of oil. Russian Association of Solidarity with Iraq: 12.5 million barrels of oil.
10. Puppet administration of Chechnya and its boss Akhmad Kadyrov, who was physically removed: 2 million barrels of oil.
The list is followed by «starving children of the Volga Region» from among the Russian oil companies:
1. Lukoil: 63 million barrels of oil
2. RosNeft: 35.3 million barrels of oil
3. GazProm: 26 million barrels of oil
4. SoyuzNefteGaz: 25.5 million barrels of oil, under the name Yuri Shafranik
5. ZarubezhNeft Association: 174.5 million barrels of oil. (the report in Arabic calls it «Zarabsneft”).
6. Moscow Oil Company (Moskovskaya Neftyanaya Kompaniya): 25.1 million barrels of oil
7. Orenburg Oil Company (Orenburgskaya Neftyanaya Kompaniya), ONAKO: 22.2 million barrels of oil
8. Sidanko: 21.2 million barrels of oil
9. RusNeftGazExport: 12.5 million barrels of oil (probably means GazExport, affiliate of GazProm)
10. TransNeft: 9 million barrels of oil
11. Ural Invest Company: 8.5 million barrels of oil
12. SibNeft: 8.1 million barrels of oil
13. StroiNeftGaz: 6 million barrels of oil
14. NordWest Group of Companies: 2 million barrels of oil
15. YUKOS: 2 million barrels of oil
16. MashinImport: 1 million barrels of oil
17. SlavNeft: 1 million barrels of oil
18. Caspian Investment Company Kalika: 1 million barrels of oil (i.e. Caspian Oil Company – Kaspiyskaya Neftyanaya Kompaniya)
19. TatNeft: 1 million barrels of oil
20. SurgutNeft: 1 million barrels of oil (i.e. SurgutNefteGaz)
21. Siberian Oil and Gas Company (Sibirskaya Neftegazovaya Kompaniya): 1 million barrels of oil (i.e. East Siberian Oil and Gas Company)
Here it would have been a sin to omit that the «lambs of God', who are calling on their congregation «not to philosophize but to abide in humbleness», do not shun anything earthly (literally) either. Russian Orthodox Church remitted Saddam’s sins for 5 million barrels. But Saddam was also generous to the opponents of religion from the Moscow Academy of Sciences: to them he gave 3.5 million barrels of oil.
It must be especially mentioned that back at that time one barrel of oil cost $ 20 US dollars. After such an offering «humble lambs of God» headed by Chief of Public Relations Department of Moscow Patriarchate, Archbishop of Smolensk and Kaliningrad Cyril (Kirill Gundiayev) visited their benefactor right before the war started. This is when Archbishop Cyril passed the epistle of Archbishop of Moscow and All Russia Alexis II to Saddam. And on April 1 on behalf of Russian Orthodox Church Archbishop Cyril called for immediate lifting of sanctions and economic blockade from Iraq.for Kavkaz Center
Ahmad of Ichkeria,