According to Moscow correspondent of the Guardian, Kevin O'Flynn, a pirate version of the American movie The Iron Lady, has been released in Moscow in Russian translation which is very different from the original.
Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher is depicted as a Hitler-admiring leader who wants to destroy the working class.
"Crush the working class, crush the scum, the yobs", she says in Russian, which far from the English original .
Despite the incongruity of this text, one of the leading Russian film critics took it seriously, and even commented in the newspaper Kommersant.
The Guardian writes: "Creating a new script over pirated films is nothing new in Russia; one famous translator working under the pseudonym Goblin made his name by making entertaining versions that were sometimes better than the original.
But this seems to be the first time that a mainstream film has been so radically changed to fit in with a political viewpoint, in which Thatcher and her ministers are shown as part of a world conspiracy.
The script veers from the hysterical to the absurd - at one point Thatcher says she intends to deliberately start the Falklands war with the help of fellow fans of her favorite free market economist, Milton Friedman".
It is to be recalled that, within the framework of the fight by KGB thugs against the truth, the secret KGB officer Dmitry Yurievich Puchkov, nicknamed Goblin, operating under the cover of a movie interpreter, threatened in 2007 the authors of the Swedish editorial board of the Kavkaz Center with murders. He also threatened a Russia's author of the Kavkaz Center, Boris Stomakhin, who at the time was a political prisoner in a Russian concentration camp.
In his KGB blog named "Russian operative" and owned by "Dmiry Y.", the KGB thugs wrote:
- Stomakhin is very typical Russian, although of Jewish origin. He is Russian, which means Orthodox.
- A cross hangs on his chest.
- He didn't get enough years in prison (5 years, only for writing the truth - KC) ! This rascal had to get more, in a democratic way!
- This freak feels in prison camp like at the resort.
- There is a suspicion that bloody KGB arranges a little accident for the fiery fighter during his prison term. His heart will break seeing awful things there or his kidneys fail.
- This man was called a liberal because of his actions - the quintessence of the activities of such hardened liberals like Kasparov, Nemtsov, Limonov, and the other trash.
- The liberal deserves a liberal death!
- I sometimes read this site, the Kavkaz Center, in order to study ideological weapons of the enemy. There's another brute there who signs his articles with the name of Orlov. This thug also need to be put in somewhere.
- The idea to arrange an audience with Stalin for Mr. Stomakhin Mr. Orlov is interesting.
- Their address reads as follows: http://www.kavkazcenter.com/ (22.214.171.124).> address: prq Inet > Box 1206> SE 11479 Stockholm.
The address does not refer to Stomakhin as such, but it means that there are many candidates for "for proudly extermination in the toilet" (quotation from Putin menacing his enemies - KC), but unfortunately, our hands do not reach everybody of them at once, it's a pity! The creators of this site clearly survive on the Internet too long.
- And there are many other freaks like Stomakhin in the LJ, damn them all: "national liberals", "national democrats", "Siberian independalists", "intelectocrats".
- By the way, tomorrow is Hanukkah (jews' holiday, on December 5, in 2007 - KC). Happy, happy holiday for everyone involved.
- Happy holiday! ".
Department of Monitoring