5 Dhul-Hijjah 1433 (October 22, 2012), Sunday:
- City of Al-Hiraki in Deraa area is stormed by the gangs of Assadites using a large number of tanks. The Mujahideen are managing to fend the attacks off.
- Village of Sahl al-Gab, Hama district: Shelling has destroyed three homes.
- There is a massive shelling of the city of Qusair where the gangs of Assadites are preparing to attack the city.
- Kafaruma: Mujahideen did not allow to surround the town of Maaret al-Numan. A tank and a truck of Assad's troops have been destroyed.
- Sayf al-Dawla, Aleppo: Alawite soldiers demand money from people who want to come to their homes to get some winter clothes.
- Attempts to save Assad's regime: Iranian foreign minister rings up the both sides and sends mediators to the FSA to start negotiations for a cease-fire during the religious holidays. In fact, the negotiations are beneficial only to the Assadites, to buy time and catch their breath. The decision is with the Mujahideen.
- When one of the Assadite prisoners was asked: "What are you afraid most? Tanks or artillery that are already in our possession?" He said: "Most of all we were afraid of Takbeer. When we heard the words "Allahu Akbar", our blood ran cold, and we experienced indescribable horror".
- Who are the "Shabbihas"?: These are Alawite gangs who were involved in robberies, kidnappings and murders and were active in early 1990's in the districts of Tartus, Latakia.
They preferred most of all to steal or take away Mercedes 600s, which are called "Shabbah" in popular slang, hence the name Shabbihas.
Features of Shabbihas: heads shaved on top in a pot-shape, beard with a moustache. In the beginning of the 2000s, Assad issued a decree to end the criminal activities of the gangs of Shabbihas. The main part of gangs was sent to prison.
Since the beginning of the events in Syria, all Shabbihas have been released from prison, armed, given documents and re-named into "people's militia". They do dirty work: shootings at demonstrators, abductions, rapes, tortures, and executions.
After Shabbihas have become an official agency, "national home guard", they were joined by other criminals with Sunni roots. A phenomenon is similar to Egyptian Baltag whom intelligence agencies used so far, as well as to Afghan and Pakistani Lashkar, and Iraqi Sakhavat.
- Shabbihas burn people in Hama (see video).
- Maarrat Misrin: the bombing (see video).
- A case in the artillery school that happened in 1979. A Sunni officer, angered by the fact that he has not been promoted (Sunni officers are not allowed, only Alawites) for many years, asked from the director a promotion.
The director asked him to bring his daughter to serve him to settle the matter. The officer refused, but after returning home, he discovered that his daughter had been kidnapped (as shown by current events, it is a normal practice with the Alawites).
The Sunni officer sent his family to Iraq, which had tense relations with Syria at the time. He returned to school in the morning, went to the director and shot him dead at close range with a pistol.
Then he asked a Sunni friend for help. They called all the students to come to the square. A machine gun was installed in the square. The officer asked the officer all Sunnis to move apart from the rest. Some were frightened, thinking that this was another provocation of Alawites.
Then the officer separated all the Sunnis known to him himself and started executing the remaining Alawites. He killed 104 cadets. Theauthorities declared it "a terrorist attack organized by Muslim Brotherhood run by Iraq".
Don't you see a parallel between today's Assadite charges of the West of conspiracy and yesterday's charges of conspiracy of Muslim Brotherhood?
- From a lecture of martyred (Insha'Allah) Dr. Abdullah Azzam: "When the Jews went to the Golan Heights, and before a single bullet was fired , and the battle had not yet began, it was announced on Syria's radio that the Golan Heights had been seized by the Jews.
Syrian tanks were ordered to retreat. But one tank lost its caterpillar, and it had no other choice but to fire back at approaching Israeli tanks, as otherwise the crew would have been court-marshaled for abandoning the tank.
The shooting from the damaged tank was the only resistance of the Syrians at Golan Heights. "Israeli" air force repeatedly hit Syrian targets, but no response ever followed from Syria.
By Islam Sayatkhan, Syria,
Dhul-Hijjah 1433 (October 2012)