On the photo is a meeting of traitors, Mustafa Kemal (Ataturk) and Abdullah I, after the fall of the Ottoman Caliphate. This meeting took place in 1937.
Both have worked hard to destroy the Caliphate. Abdullah I was the brother of Faisal I, the first and the last king of Syria, after the separation from the Ottoman Caliphate.
Abdullah himself became king of another part of Sham - Transjordan, as a reward from colonialists for the battle against the army of the Caliph. Here's a list of his awards:
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire (GBE), 1920,
- Grand Cordon of the Order of Mesopotamia (Iraq), 1922,
- Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George, 1927,
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of St Michael and St George, 1935,
- Medal of the Silver Jubilee of King George V, 1935,
- Medal of the Coronation of King George VI, 1937,
- Grand Chain of the Order of Pahlavi (Iran), 1949,
- Grand Cross of the Order of Military Merit in White (Spain), 1949.
Since then, the clan of Abdullah I is ruling Jordan, today the king is his great-grandson Abdullah II.
Department of Monitoring